In addition to the Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs the following are included in the car rental relating to tires, tools, documents, accessories as well as equipment. The renter agrees to all terms and conditions printed on the mkcarrents contract form and to the information written on the contract with the same number and date as these car rental terms.
- The renter fully agrees to the terms and conditions of this contract and has received a copy thereof.
- The renter has received the mentioned vehicle and its accessories in proper and safe condition.
- The renter agrees to return the vehicle to the lessor on the agreed date and place, as written in the contract, or earlier if the lessor so requires. Should the vehicle not be returned on the agreed time, a fee equal to a full day of the rental vehicle shall be charged. However, there is an hour grace period from the time of return.
- Only persons listed on the agreement or otherwise authorized by law and above the age of twenty-one (21) or depending on state/province age requirement shall drive this vehicle.
- We may use your deposit to pay any amounts owed to us under this agreement.
- There will absolutely be no refunds, except for a repeated mechanical failure.
- The car must be operated and driven with great care. The renter shall be liable for all damages to the car and injury sustained by passengers caused by collision or accident, which is not paid by the insurance company of the vehicle.
- In case of a collision or accident, the renter must report it instantly to law enforcement authorities and to the lessor and must not leave the scene of the accident or collision until such action has been taken and after the police has arrived on the scene.
- Renter shall return the vehicle to the office of the lessor which has been agreed upon at the beginning of the rental period, along with all tires, tools, accessories, and equipment in same condition as it was when received, though ordinary wear and tear is accepted. Lessor may repossess the vehicle without notice at any time if it is illegally parked, used in violation of law, against the terms of this agreement or is apparently abandoned.
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to use the vehicle, operate or drive:
- For the transportation of passengers or property against payment.
- To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other objects.
- By any person other than the renter signing this contract, unless by written consent of lessor.
- Off-roads, that is; roads that are not marked as normal driving roads on a road map.
- Operation of Vehicle by person who has used false or misleading information to obtain the Vehicle
- Operating the Vehicle outside the continental United States and Canada
- Using Vehicle to engage in an organized or any other speed contest.
- Any violation of state/province laws, or of any of the terms or conditions of this contract, by the renter or any other driver which the renter has granted permission to operate or drive the vehicle, renders the renter is fully responsible for all damages done to the vehicle whatever the cause may be.
- Lessor shall not be liable for disappearance or damage to any property left, stored, or transported by renter or other persons, in or on the vehicle, either before or after it has been returned to lessor.
- Renter agrees to pay lessor on demand:
- Deposit of the probable rental cost.
- All expenses incurred by lessor in returning the vehicle back to lessor’s station, if it has been left somewhere else, regardless of condition of the vehicle, roads or weather.
- A sum equal to the value of all the tires (regardless of road conditions), the tools and accessories which have been damaged, lost or stolen from the vehicle.
- Renter is not authorized to have the vehicle, or its accessories repaired or altered. The renter shall not permit any lien to be placed upon the vehicle without lessor’s prior consent. Renter shall pay all unauthorized charges in connection with the use, repairs, or safekeeping of the vehicle.
- The rental fee is paid up front. Renter agrees to pay all costs which lessor may incur in collecting payment by law.
- Renter agrees to pay all costs to Lessor incurred in collecting payment from Renter. A credit card number or imprint is taken at start of all rentals for security reasons. It may be used to pay all extra charges, including days, extra insurance, parking fines, refilling gasoline, damages, or any cost due to the car rental because of the renter’s use of the car.
- Car to be returned clean (no garbage). If returned dirty, $100 charge, and $200 cleaning fee for smoke or ash odors. If renter fails to return the rental vehicle with the exact fuel as at the time of picking it up; for sedans, if your gas or fuel level is less than the level the vehicle was picked up, $50 will be charged and up to $100 for SUVs.
- Flat tires caused by road hazards are the renter’s responsibility. If renter gets a flat tire, call lessor for instructions
- Renter is responsible to maintain oil and water levels in vehicle engine. If engine fails due to non-maintenance of vehicle fluid levels the renter will be liable for repairs.
- If vehicle overheats, renter must immediately turn it off and contact lessor. Failure to do so will make customer fully liable for repair costs.
- Parking tickets are the renter’s responsibility. We encourage you to pay them immediately. If you default, we will pay the fine plus $25 handling charge.
- Toll Road cost are the renter’s responsibility. We encourage you to pay immediately at check-in or pay later with a $25 handling charge.
- Broken glass and other damages, unless caused by an actual accident with another vehicle at fault, are the responsibility of the renter.
- Vehicle may be driven or used only in the United States of American and Canada. However, check with your local agent on any other restrictions.
- Liability and driver insurance are according to state/province laws. You are responsible for all damages or losses you cause to others. You agree to provide auto liability insurance covering you, us, and the vehicle. You and we reject PIP, no fault, and uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. Giving the vehicle to an unauthorized driver terminates our liability insurance coverage, if any.
- You will indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from all liability, costs and attorney fees arising out of use of the Vehicle that is more than, or excluded from, the protection provided you, if any, under the policy. The renter can limit liability by purchasing a collision damage waiver (CDW) for a fixed amount which is determined each time by the lessor.
- The collision damage waiver (CDW) does not cover:
- Damages done on purpose or by total carelessness of the driver.
- Damages caused when the driver is intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or by any other cause which renders him unfit to safely drive a vehicle.
- Damages to the engine caused by water, such as when crossing un-bridged rivers or driving in water.
- Damages which occur while the car is being raced or test-driven.
- Damages caused through war activity, mutiny, riots, and uproar or by sabotage.
- Burns on seats, carpets or floor mats.
- Damages to wheels, tires, springs, batteries, glass (lights & windows), and radio as well as damages caused by theft of certain parts of the vehicle.
- Damages caused by driving on bumpy roads on parts such as:
transmission, drive shafts, or other parts in or on the vehicle’s under wagon. Damages which occur on the under wagon when the vehicle hits the uneven road, such as ridges left by road planers, or rocks stuck in the road or the roadside. Same applies to damages which occur when loose rocks or other items hit the vehicle while it is being driven.
- Damages caused when the vehicle is driven where driving is forbidden, also by driving off-road, on trails not marked on charts as normal roads, on snow piles, on ice, over un-bridged rivers or streams, on beaches, in dirt or on any other kind of off-roads.
- Damages when sand, gravel, ash, lava or other earth materials are blown on the vehicle.
- Should the vehicle be moved by sea, damages caused to it by the ocean water will not be paid.
- Damages caused by the wind blowing up the door while opening it.
- Other cases are referred to the general conditions of the comprehensive vehicle insurance.
- leaving the Vehicle and failing to remove the keys or close and lock all doors, windows, and the trunk and the vehicle is stolen
- Renter will pay lessor on demand for all charges due under this Agreement that are allowed by law, including, but not limited to:
- time and usage for the period during which you keep the Vehicle
- charges for optional services if you elect to purchase any
- applicable sales use and other taxes
- loss of, or damage to the Vehicle, which is included in the cost of repair of the retail value of the Vehicle based on valuation methods accepted by the auto insurance industry on the date of the loss if the Vehicle is not repairable, plus loss of use, diminution of the Vehicle’s value caused by damage to it or repair to it, and our administrative fees incurred for processing the claim
- all fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs, towing charges and other expenses involving the Vehicle assessed against us or the Vehicle during your rental, unless these expenses are our fault
- all expenses we incur in locating and recovering the Vehicle if you fail to return it or we elect to repossess the Vehicle under the terms of this Agreement
- all costs, including pre and post judgment attorney fees, we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this agreement.
- a 2% late payment fee or the highest amount allowed by law, if lower on all amounts past due
- One and one half percent per month interest, or the maximum amount allowed by the laws of the state/province where the Vehicle is rented, for monies due but not paid upon return of the Vehicle
- Fifty dollars ($50.00) plus $5.00 per 2 KM between the renting location and place where the vehicle is returned or abandoned, plus any additional recovery expenses we incur.
- No waiver by us of any breach of this Agreement will constitute a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of your obligations under this agreement. Unless prohibited by law, renter releases lessor from any liability for consequential special or punitive damages in connection with this rental or the reservation of a vehicle. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions are valid and enforceable. This agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between renter and lessor. All prior representations and agreements between you and us are merged into this agreement.
- If you cancel your reservation five days before picking up, you will be reimbursed in full. However, if you cancel below five days, 50% of payment will be withheld. No reimbursement can be made for cancellation forty-eight hours to scheduled pick up time.
- This contract is subject to final audit and changes by owner. If the renter breaches this agreement, you will be liable for all damage to, or loss of, the Vehicle caused by your breach, unless otherwise provided by law. No term of this agreement can be waived or modified except by a writing that we have signed. If you wish to extend the rental period, you must return the Vehicle to our rental office for inspection and written amendment by us of the due in date or time.
“Agreement” means all terms and conditions found on both sides of this form, any add-on, or any additional material we provide at the time of rental.
“You” or “your” means the person identified as the renter on Page 1, any person signing this agreement, any authorized driver and any person or organization to whom charges are billed by us on the renter’s direction.
All persons referred to as “you” or ““your” are jointly and severally bound by this agreement.
“We,” “our” or “us” means the Rental Agent identified on Page 1. “Authorized Driver” means you, any additional driver approved by us and listed by us on this agreement, and any other driver authorized by the law of the state/province where the vehicle is rented if person has a valid driver’s license.
Unless the law of this state/province requires otherwise, is at least twenty-five (25) years of age, confirm with your local agent.
“Vehicle” means the automobile identified in this agreement and any substitute, and all its tires, tools, accessories, keys, equipment, keys, and vehicle documents.
“Physical damage” means all damage to, or loss of, the vehicle caused by collision or upset; it does not include damage to, or loss of the vehicle due to theft, vandalism, act of nature, riot or civil disturbance, hail, flood, or fire.
“Loss of use” means the amount calculated by multiplying the number of days/weeks/months from the date of damages to the vehicle until it is repaired times the corresponding periodic rental rate, unless otherwise provided by law.
This Agreement Is A Contract For The Rental Of The Vehicle.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR APPARENT REGARDING THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR THAT THE VEHICLE IS FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
We may repossess the Vehicle at your expense without notice to you if the Vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of law or this agreement. You waive all recourse against us for any criminal reports or prosecutions that we take against you that arise out of your breach of this agreement.